Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy Sweet 16th Alexandria

To my sweet 16 daughter,

Today is your sweet 16th birthday. 

You are an amazing daughter with a lot of compassion.  You have amazed me ans impressed me with who you are.

At age 3, I remember when your sister was born, you were so eager to hold your newborn sister and nuture her.

You were mom's perfect little helper when your sister was sick wanting to help care for her including assistance wirh diapers to feeding. You will be a wonderful mom some day.

I remember going to pick you up at pre-school and I was surrounded by many teachers thinking and wondering what trouble you got into. Only to be amazed by your teachers inquiring what I was teaching you at home because they did an exercise on what you want to be when you grow up, and you said millionaire.  I told them, I wanted to teach you the value of money and that money is earned. You recall how we did that using 2L bottles?

I remembered when you designed greeting card line to benefit Katrina victims. I was so proud of you.
I also remember when you used to help rescue many animals. One in particular was named baby Hope, a newborn field mouse. You would come in my room at all hours of the night to make sure I fed Baby Hope and that she was ok.
I also remember the day you asked to go around our neighborhood to collect donations for hospice and even asked if you could have a contest w your sister to see who can raise more.
Then, when your sister almost lost her toe, you stepped up and held your sister's foot together in your lap while in route to the ER. You were sooooo amazing. A hero to your little sister.
I am very proud of you Ally. I miss you very much. My heart breaks every day that I don't see you.
I pray some day you will come to know I did everything possible to try to be with you girls.
I wish I was celebrating your 16th birthday today with you. It's a very special day and I hope you have a wonderful day today no matter what. I am proud of you and I love you very much.
Happy 16th Birthday
All my love always,
Your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment